Your hard-earned CAS/MAS certification requires recertification every three years in order to remain valid.
- CAS/MAS designees must complete 25 additional elective educational credits over three years (over the past three years if a certification has expired)
- Example: If a designation is earned on January 1, 2017, the certification expires on January 1, 2020. Between January 1, 2017 and January 1, 2020, the designee must complete 25 additional elective credits over the past three years.
- If the designee applies for recertification on January 1, 2021, and their certification has already expired, then credits dating back to January 2018(the past three years) are eligible to go towards their 25 elective educational credits.
- PPAI sends automatic Recertification reminder emails starting at 90 days prior to your certification’s expiration. You will then receive a reminder email at 60 days prior, 30 days prior, and then 30 days after expiration.
- Industry Service credits do not qualify as recertification credits
- Recertification credits may be earned through:
- Attendance at live event education
- Webinars: live or on-demand
- PPAI-accredited Regional Association education
- Approved third-party education.
Membership with PPAI is not a requirement to renew your PPAI Certification.
Item PPAI Member Fee PPAI Associate Fee
Recertification Fee $75 $150
Lifetime Certification Exemption
Individuals can qualify for exemption from recertification requirements for their CAS or MAS certification* by meeting one of the following criteria:
60+ years of age
PPAI Hall of Fame member
PPPC Hall of Fame member
A “lifetime” member of PPAI (Board- nominated)
*CAS and/or MAS Certification must be current and in good-standing at the time of submission for life certification to qualify.
There are currently no fees to apply for Lifetime Certification.