When creating any of our Professional Development platforms, PPAI strives for balance in our education programs that meet the variety of skill levels and interest levels of the audience, whether it be a live event or webinar. To achieve this, PPAI is looking for dynamic presentations that challenge our thinking and push the promotional products industry forward, informing promotional products industry leaders about proven practices and motivating the pursuit of excellence. If you have an interesting presentation idea, you are invited to submit an application to our Call For Presentations.
Benefits Of Presenting At A PPAI Event
- Become recognized as an expert in the promotional products industry
- Influence an audience of key leaders and decision makers
- Become a launch pad for debate and discussion
- Influence and actively shape how the promotional products industry will look in a few years
- Promote your session to thousands of PPAI members in printed brochures, websites, e-newsletters, e-mails, articles in PPAI publications, and/or press releases.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the promotional products industry and profession
- Help others succeed and ensure they avoid common pitfalls
- Boost the profile of yourself and your organization
- Network with colleagues and meet potential new clients
- Earn education and volunteer credit toward your MAS certification
To be considered as a speaker, your presentation must be educational in nature — sales presentations will not be accepted. Incomplete presentation submissions will not be considered. Presentations must be focused on one of the content areas. In addition, all material should be original; otherwise, sources must be referenced.
Presentations, with a brief session for questions and answers, should be kept within the time limit. Presentations should not consist of more than three speakers, including the moderator. For multiple speakers, each speaker must agree to this submission.
- Decorate - Content and subjects focused on screen and digital printing, embroidery and sublimation.
- Incentives & Recognition – Content focused on building programs that motivate, retain and grow your workforce
- Industry Essentials - Content and subjects recommended for individuals with two or fewer years’ experience in the industry.
- Marketing & Advertising - Content and subjects related to defining, promotion, target marketing, advertising or branding.
- Product Responsibility - Content and subjects focused on state and federal regulations, “green” initiatives and product safety.
- Sales & Service - Content and subjects related to the mechanics and management of the sales process, sales presentations, prospecting, program selling, penetrating markets and customer service.
- Strategies & Solutions - Content and subjects related to strategic issues such as social responsibility, acquisition, forecasting, reorganization and industry trends.
- Supplier - Content and subjects related to suppliers so they can better understand their competition and how to maximize their investment.
- Technology - Content and subjects related to doing business electronically including internet training, camera–ready artwork, sales automation, multimedia and catalog creation.
Specific Topics Requested For 2018 Events:
- Advanced Skills for Executives
- Advanced Technology Topics
- Apparel Trends
- Executive Skills for Women
- Globalization & How It Is Affecting Our Industry
- Industry Trends & Data
- Inventory Supply Management
- Retail Market Trends
- Social Media Marketing Trends
- Training New Sales Reps
- Webstore Program Management
- Working with Various Generations
The Evaluation Process
All proposals will be reviewed and selected based on the following criteria:
- Overall quality
- Relevance to the industry
- Well-defined focus within the program track structure
- Relevance to the industry
- Practical applications of material
- Timeliness of the topic and speaker qualifications
All speakers will be notified regardless of selection. PPAI will keep all submissions on file to be called upon at a later date for a period of 12 months.
Preparing Successful Proposals
Questions to consider:
- Does the presentation inform the promotional products industry about proven practices, push the leading edge of the profession, and motivate the pursuit of excellence?
- Does the proposal adequately explain what will occur in the session?
- How engaging is the presentation likely to be?
- How well does this proposal deliver positive, solution-oriented outcomes supported by research and/or program evaluation?
- How well does this presentation fit the content area description and focus points?
- Will this reach a specific level of the audience (general, novice, intermediate, advanced, executive, etc.)?
Live Event Opportunities
January 14-18, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
Call for presentations for Expo 2018 are currently open through February 25, 2017. Notices of selection will be sent out by June 30, 2017.
Dates and Location TBD
Call for presentations for SPARK 2017 events will be open Feb 5, 2017 -March 6, 2017. SPARK events provide opportunities for young professionals to become educated and engaged with topics that are specific to the promotional products industry and the beginning stage of a successful career.
June 12-14, 2017 Atlantic City, NJ
Call for presentations for 2017 are now closed. Call for proposals for 2018 will be open March 6, 2017 - June 16, 2017. Notice of selection will be sent out by October 13, 2017. Local industry speakers within driving distance of the Atlantic City are encouraged to apply.
August 30, 2017 Irving, TX
Call for presentations for this event are now closed. SAGE Show 2017 Call for proposals will be open April 3, 2017 - April 21, 2017. Local industry speakers within driving distance of the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex are encouraged to apply.
Digital Event Opportunities
The webinar schedule for 2017 is now closed. Call for proposals for 2018 will be open May 1, 2017.
Expo East, SPARK, SAGE Show and Webinars: Jody Mello,972-258-3026
Expo: Stacy Riddler, 972-258-3018
*All submissions will be archived for future consideration for a period of 12 months.