THE PPAI EXPO 2011
January 10-11, 2011 Professional Development
January 12-14, 2011 Exhibits
INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS - SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE!
The PPAI Professional Development invites you to submit ideas on topics that offer a rich diversity of learning experiences for The PPAI Expo 2011 conference attendees. This is an unparalleled opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with a respected audience of industry professionals.
THE BENEFITS OF PRESENTING:
You have an opportunity to set yourself apart and...
- Enhance your credibility and stature among industry professionals.
- Present cutting edge best practices and education.
- Refresh and increase your personal knowledge as you prepare your thoughts, handouts, and visuals for presentation.
- Challenge yourself and your colleagues through interactive workshops.
The PPAI Expo attracts professionals within the promotional products industry, including distributors, suppliers and other industry associates from the United States and more than 20 other countries, making it the largest tradeshow in the industry.
Presentations are evaluated by members of the PPAI Professional Development Group. Each member is a recognized industry leader with many years' experience. They consider:
- Overall quality and focus
- Organization of ideas
- Relevance to the promotional products industry
- Practicality of topic
- Reports on the latest industry trends
- Timing - has the topic or the presenter been featured recently on any industry programs
- Marketable – is the title and description creative, clever, concise
February 2, 2010 - Call for Presentations opens
March 12, 2010 - Deadline to submit proposals
June 15, 2010 - Applicants notified of selection results
November 20, 2010 - Handouts due
NON-COMMERCIAL NATURE OF WORKSHOPS:
To maintain the educational integrity of the program, presenters are advised not to use their workshop(s) as a platform for promotion of their products and services, or for monetary gain. PPAI provides a unique forum for professionals to have an open dialogue and creative exchange of ideas free from commercial content.
Click here to view the complete overview of The PPAI Expo Presenter Standards/Guidelines.
If your presentation is selected, you will be required to:
- Submit a 50-word presenter bio and a color professional photograph
- Submit on or before November 20 a professional handout in accordance with Expo guidelines
Suggested topics include but are not limited to those which fall within these categories:
- Business Management – content and subjects relating to hiring staff, ethics, office policies/procedures, finance, total quality management
- Industry Essentials - basic content. Subjects recommended for individuals with two or fewer years experience in the industry
- Incentive Marketing – content emphasizing sales opportunities in the premium and incentive market
- Marketing & Advertising – content and subjects related to defining, promotion, target marketing, advertising or branding
- Professional Development – content and subjects related to improving business skills and personal growth
- Sales & Service – content and subjects related to the mechanics and management of the sales process, sales presentations, prospecting, program selling, penetrating markets and customer service
- Strategic Business Issues - Senior Level. Content and subjects related to strategic issues such as product safety, social responsibility, acquisition, forecasting, reorganization and industry trends
- Technology – content and subjects related to doing business electronically including internet training, camera–ready artwork, sales automation, multimedia presentations and catalog creation
All workshops are:
- 90 minutes in length
- All rooms set with an LCD projector, screen and microphone (Please note computers are not provided)
- To accommodate as many people as possible, all classrooms are set theatre-style, chairs in rows, no tables
- PPAI does not provide internet connections for workshops
HONORARIUM AND REIMBURSEMENT POLICY:
A $250 honorarium is provided per selected workshop to help offset costs. If the program is presented by a panel of presenters, the facilitator of the workshop receives the honorarium. Travel and other related expenses are not provided.
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL:
Click here to submit a proposal
Submit the following information no later than March 12:
1. Proposed workshop title
2. A brief outline or description of what will be covered
3. Four to five primary "learning outcomes" (what the participant will learn as a result of attending)
4. A brief bio of your industry experience and credentials, and experience as a presenter
5. A list of special needs—AV equipment or other props/aids required, as well as any special restrictions
6. Contact information
7. Submit proposal electronically. Note deadlines. You will receive an acknowledgment receipt of your proposal within 48 hours
All applicants receive notice the week of June 15, 2010, of the selection results. The presenter, whose proposal is accepted, will be sent detailed information (including required forms and the presentation schedule) upon confirmation. Each presenter must fully complete and return their individual form within two weeks of receiving notification their presentation has been accepted. Presenters(s) will be expected to submit a copy of their PowerPoint presentation for review prior to the conference.
The PPAI Expo is "paperless" meaning no printed handouts are offered at free workshops (as in previous years). Handouts for the free sessions will be available online in advance of The PPAI Expo. The deadline for the submission of handouts for posting on The PPAI Expo 2011 Web site is November 20, 2010.
For questions or additional information on the submission and selection process, please contact Melissa Hendrick, Director of Professional Development and Business Media via e-mail at MelissaJH@ppai.org or by phone at 972-258-3020.