The PPAI Professional Development Certification Program Master Advertising Specialist (MAS) Certification is a PPAI industry credential awarded to promotional products professionals with at least five years of promotional products industry experience, and who have met rigorous educational course and testing requirements—demonstrating exemplary commitment to their profession. Professionals who have earned their MAS provide the highest standard of conduct and integrity.
PPAI has certified MAS candidates since 1979. Click HERE to read how the MAS has shaped countless professionals over the years.
- As of 12/31/2012 there are 830 MAS certified professionals
- PPAI certifies professionals in all 50 US States and in over 15 countries around the world
- 77% of MAS certified professionals are Distributors; 17% are Suppliers
The PPAI Professional Development Certification Master Advertising Specialist (MAS) Program is an earned certification which requires the following:
- Posses a current CAS certification
- 100 MAS-level education credits (there are currently no required MAS courses)
- Five years of promotional products industry experience (does not have to be consecutive years)
- Minimum of 1.0 Industry Service Credit* (a maximum of 15 Industry Service credits are allowed)
- Presently serving in a position with a promotional products company
- Possess a current UPIC (www.upic.org) login (registered email address and password)
- Passing score on the MAS Exam: 65%
- Recertification every three years (by earning 25 additional MAS credits within the three years and submitting a Recertification Application)
*Industry Service Credits are defined as volunteer service you provide on behalf of the promotional products industry. This can mean serving on a Regional Association committee, PPAI Committee or Board, presenting a program at your local Chamber of Commerce, or other volunteer activity that helps to promote promotional products. See the Industry Request form online for other opportunities and to request this credit be applied to your transcript.
MAS Application Process
- Register as a MAS candidate (if you don’t currently possess a CEU PIN Number; There is no fee to register for the MAS program)
- Earn 100 MAS-level education points
- Earn a minimum of 1.0 Industry Service Credit
- Verify your points by accessing your Certification Transcript
- Submit a MAS exam application
When you earn your PPAI industry certification, your designation is celebrated in the PPAI Newslink and PPB publications, as well as formally recognized with an array of custom promotional items. These are delivered to you in a PPAI certification container you would be proud to display in your office.
Click on the PDF to view photos of the recognition items and the supplier sponsors who have generously donated these materials.
In order to maintain your hard-earned certification, you must renew your designation. Recertification keeps you current on the industry's trends and best practices and provides the highest value and quality to your customers and yourself. MAS designees must continue to keep their MAS certification current by completing 25 additional education points every three years and submitting a recertification application. Individuals 60+ years of age are eligible for exemption.
MAS Program Fees
||PPAI Member Fee
|MAS In-Person Exam Fee
|MAS Online Exam Fee