We know you’re busy. The PPAI Certification Program has been designed to work with your schedule, and with opportunities to earn credit through live and online events; your certification designation can be completed at your own pace.
- PPAI Educational Events: Each year, we offer thousands of participants the opportunity to learn from industry experts and keynote speakers at our educational events such as The PPAI Expo, Expo East, Women’s Leadership Conference, North American Leadership Conference, Technology Summit and Product Responsibility Summit.
- Regional Association Events: We work closely with our Regional Affiliate partners to offer Certification credit for education sessions offered by your regional association. Contact your association for more information, and ask about trainings that have been approved to offer PPAI certification credits.
- Recorded Webinars: We’ve made a library of relevant industry training accessible to you whenever you need it. View the sessions at your convenience and complete the survey at the end of the education for credit so we can add them to your transcript. You’ll find required courses and many of the elective credits you’ll need to complete your certification.
- Live Webinars: We schedule a number of live webinar events throughout the year on topics such as Social Media, government compliance and more—you’ll participate live with other professionals from around the world. After viewing, complete the survey using your PIN number to request credit.
- Third-party opportunities: In addition to preapproved options, you are welcome to request credit for classes, seminars and books that are industry-relevant and applicable to your business. When you request credit for material that is not pre-approved, PPAI staff must evaluate the request to determine what, if any, credit may be given. Third-party processing fees apply.
One way PPAI recognizes and honors your contributions to the industry is by granting industry service credit that can be applied to your certification transcript. This type of credit applies to service on:
- PPAI Board
- PPAI Committees
- PPAI Action Groups
- PPB Editorial Advisory Council
- Regional Association Boards
- Regional Association Committees
- Fulfillment of the role of ADvocate
There is also an opportunity for you to earn your MAS required industry service point through Legislative Action.
All Industry Service Points are awarded at the end of your completed term of service and/or at the completion of your service activity. PPAI will automatically award PPAI Board, Committee, Action Group, Editorial Advisory Council and Regional Association Board and Committee points. These points are uploaded to your transcript on an annual basis and typically occur in early March.
If for some reason you do not see your service indicated on your transcript, please contact the PPAI Regional Relations Team.
All additional requests can be submitted at any time after completion of your service.
- Candidates for certification may submit no more than 15 points (or hours) from education achieved outside of the promotional products industry for the CAS and/or MAS designations (i.e. college courses, business seminars, etc.)
- Candidates for certification may submit points for education achieved no more than 5 years from the date of completion for the course.