Download Flyer Intern Education Program
Have you considered hiring interns for your business? Internships offer valuable opportunities that many companies and industries often overlook. More than just a "pick up your boss' coffee" or "file and copy" job, internships offer a temporary exchange of services between a company and an intern. They're mutually beneficial for everyone—for your company, your intern, and our industry.
You gain an extra set of hands to help accomplish your company's goals.
Your intern gains new skills and experience, learns about the power of the promotional products industry and is given the opportunity to explore a potential career path.
Our industry gains visibility with the student, their peers and others.
You might also find yourself a great, new full-time employee!
Every internship looks different based on the company, role and career interest. An intern may be a high school student looking to gain basic business skills, a university junior interested in supply chain, or even an adult exploring a new career path in sales. Paid or unpaid, the work can be tailored to the needs of the business and the interests of the intern, and it may span the timeframe of a semester, a summer, a year, or any length of time determined by the employer.
PPAI's Intern Education Program is designed to supplement member company internship programs by providing educational tools and resources for your intern to become familiar with promotional products industry. Incorporate this program into your intern's experience to provide them with access to:
Promotional Products Industry Boot Camp: Online training on the ins and outs of the industry and how everything and everyone work together towards a common goal—success. The boot camp includes three recorded webinars and a few application exercises.
PPAI's Online Education Platform: PPAI's full library of recorded webinars to learn about the promotional products industry from industry experts.
PromoConnect: An online collaboration hub for professionals in the promotional products industry.
SAGE Total Access (for distributors): Product and supplier research and business-management solutions.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Resources For Employers
- Key to Internships: Ruling It In or Ruling It Out, Cooperative Education & Internship Association
- Students: Internships Positively Impact Competencies, National Association of Colleges and Employers
- 15 Best Practices for Internship Programs, National Association of Colleges and Employers
- 6 Tips to Create a Compliant Unpaid Internship Program, Society for Human Resource Management
Building An Internship Program
- Internship Standards And Guidelines, Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education
- Guidance for Setting Up An Internship Program
- Sample Job Descriptions
- Sample Intern Confidentiality Agreement
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Cooperative Education & Internship Association
- National Society for Experiential Education