The PPAI Legislator of the Year Award is presented to a current member of Congress who has demonstrated a high level of interest and support of the promotional products industry, our members and their businesses, and pending legislation which could affect our industry and our members.
An eligible candidate must:
1. Have introduced, or supported legislation in line with the PPAI mission, goals and strategic plan.
2. Be in office at the time of nomination, selection and recognition.
3. Championed the cause of small business.
4. Supported PPAI in its product safety efforts.
5. Met face-to-face with industry leaders, visited member offices/factories and stayed in touch after an initial meeting in the last 12 months.
6. Attended a national, or regional tradeshow during the current year, or was a guest speaker at an industry event.
Deadline For Nominations:
Opens October 10, 2016
Closes November 18, 2016
Nomination and Selection Procedure
Nominations must be submitted online at awards.ppai.org. Nominations for the PPAI Legislator of the Year shall be submitted by Association members, committees, advisory councils and action group members, PPAI staff (president, executive vice president and department directors), PPAI Board of Directors, RAC Board members. Current members of the Legislator of the Year Advisory Group may not submit nominations.
Nominations will be screened by Association staff to eliminate ineligible individuals. Verified nominations will be forwarded to the Legislator of the Year Advisory Group. The Advisory Group may select a maximum of two award recipients in a given year. It is possible there may be no award recipient in any given year.
The congressional leader who has been selected as PPAI Legislator of the Year will receive an award of recognition and will be invited to attend the L.E.A.D. dinner, or luncheon during the coming year.
Questions? Contact PPAI Awards & Recognition at Awards@ppai.org, or 972-258-3088.
Need help gathering information? A reference copy of the entry details will be available for download one month prior to nomination opening. This form is only to be used to help gather details and information about the person you'd like to nominate; all entries must be submitted online at http://awards.ppai.org.
Click here to begin a PPAI Legislator of the Year nomination.
PPAI Legislator of the Year Award Recipients:
2015—Ron Johnson (R-WI)
2014—Renee Ellmers (R-NC)
2013—Erik Paulsen (MN-R)
2012—Tim Murphy (PA-R)