The PPAI Woman of Achievement Award recognizes a woman who has led the way in the advancement of women in the industry, exhibited outstanding leadership and made significant contributions to the industry and her community.
Eligibility And Deadlines
An eligible candidate must:
- Be a woman currently employed or retired from a PPAI member company in good standing.
- Have been employed with one or more PPAI member firms for a minimum of eight years during a career spanning at least 15 years.
- Have demonstrated exemplary leadership abilities as demonstrated through years in promotional products industry.
- Have made significant and/or noteworthy achievements or contributions to the promotional products industry resulting in a breakthrough or milestone made at any time within the nominee’s career.
- Have contributed time and talents to PPAI in at least three areas of involvement.
- Have demonstrated service as a role model or mentor that shows dedication to the advancement of women in the promotional products industry.
- Not be on the Women of Achievement Advisory Group, PPAI Board of Directors
- Must be off of the PPAI Board of Directors and Women of Achievement Advisory Group for 2 years
Deadlines for nominations:
Opens February 18, 2013
Closes March 28, 2013
Nomination And Selection Procedure
Nominations for the Woman of Achievement Award shall be submitted by PPAI's Board of Directors, committee members, Association members and Association staff (president, vice president and department directors with input from remaining staff who have frequent contact with members). The Association's Manager of Awards & Recognition will screen all nominations to eliminate ineligible candidates.
Current members of the PPAI Woman of Achievement Advisory Group are not permitted to be nominated or to make nominations.
The nominations will be forwarded to the Woman of Achievement Advisory Group who will select the slate of proposed award recipients to be presented to the Executive Committee for final approval. The Advisory Group may select up to a maximum of two award recipients each year. It is possible there may be some years when there will be no award winner.
Questions? Contact PPAI Awards & Recognition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-258-3070.
Click here to begin a PPAI Woman of Achievement nomination.
Need help gathering information? Download a reference copy of the entry details here. This form is only to be used to help gather details and information about the person you'd like to nominate. All entries must be submitted online at http://awards.ppa.org/.
PPAI Woman of Achievement Award Recipients
MaryAnn Farmer, MAS
Margie Price, MAS
Margaret Custer-Ford, MAS
Carol Aastad, MAS