This award celebrates an individual’s technological achievement within a PPAI Member Company (Distributor, Supplier or Business Service Provider), showcasing the work of IT teams using unique technology or a unique use/implementation of existing technology.
2017 Nomination Entry - opens in March
An eligible candidate must:
- Be currently employed with a PPAI member company in good standing.
- Not be the PPAI Technology Committee Chair or member of the PPAI Board of Directors.
- Be nominated by someone in a management role within the individual’s company.
- Be able to demonstrate ROI to the business or the industry
- Have showcased their work as technically innovative**
- Have implemented their work between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2016 (2017 nomination criteria)
**Technical innovation does not need to be a brand new technology. It could be an interesting twist on existing code-base or infrastructure
Deadline for Nominations - 2017 Dates TBD
Nominations for the Internal Innovator Award can be submitted by any PPAI member company. The individual must be nominated by someone within the same organization as the nominee. Ideally someone on the business side nominates an IT person, or the head of IT nominates someone in the department. Note: The PPAI Technology Committee Chair and members of the PPAI Board of Directors are not permitted to be nominated, or to make nominations.
Nominations are screened by the Association staff to eliminate ineligible entries. All eligible nominations will be judged by a Technology Awards Advisory Panel made up of industry professionals. A maximum of two award recipients may be selected each year. It’s possible in some years there will be no award recipient.
Recognition will be held at the PPAI Technology Summit on Date TBA in Austin, TX. Award recipients are expected to attend the Summit to receive the award and have the opportunity to share a presentation of the innovation with attendees in greater detail. If the nominee is unable to attend, they can submit a video presentation instead.
For questions please contact PPAI Awards & Recognition at email@example.com, or 972-258-3070.