As an industry professional, you have the opportunity to advance your education and career by applying for a grant to attend the PPAI Women’s Leadership Conference. This grant financially assists industry participants who possess the desire to learn and grow in their chosen field by providing financial support to attend the PPAI Women’s Leadership Conference. Applicants who are awarded grants must use their grant within the year it is received.
Women’s Leadership Conference Grant Eligibility
Professionals eligible for the Women’s Leadership Grant must be full-time owners, employees or participants of firms whose companies encompass the sale, marketing, decorating, manufacturing or distribution of promotional products. Their firms must be members of PPAI.
- The grant provides for tuition (donated by PPAI) and partial reimbursement of expenses for such things as travel and housing up to a maximum of $500.
- Individuals must apply by submitting a completed application. The deadline for the application is April 29, 2015. Grant will be awarded by May 29. Applicants must be able to attend the conference in the year the application is submitted.
- Travel and hotel forms must be completed by the recipient and travel and hotel accommodations will be made by PPAI.
- Grant funds are non-transferable.
- Recipients may only receive funds from the grant once in a lifetime.
- If not selected, applicants may reapply each year.
Funding for the Grant
The initial funding for the first grant has been established by recipients of the Woman of Achievement Award and PPAI funding. Future recipients of the Woman of Achievement Award are encouraged to contribute to this fund, if they are willing and able, but are not obligated to do so.
It is anticipated that from time to time other organizations or individuals may wish to contribute to this fund, including memorial funds or special awards offered by individuals, companies or regional associations.
All contributions to the grant are not tax deductible.
The grant application will require a short essay describing the applicant’s interest in receiving the grant, and why they feel the grant would be beneficial in furthering their own career and the future development of their company or the industry.
- Applications are judged blindly; members of the Grant Committee will not know the identity of the applicants.
- Grants will be awarded on the basis of the applicant’s essays using a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 being the highest score.
- Scores are then forwarded to PPAI for tabulation. Applicants with the highest average scores are awarded the Woman of Achievement Grant.
Letter of Recommendation
Applicants may have two letters of recommendation submitted on their behalf in addition to the application if they choose to do so.
How to Proceed:
Applicants must complete an online application form, write an essay, and submit them to the Woman of Achievement Grant Committee by April 29, 2015.
Winners of the grant will be announced by May 29, 2015.