Manager, Professional Development
Responsible for implementing education events and activities, including regional shows, workshops, seminars and conferences. Develops and manages content development for both existing and newly identified educational opportunities.
Reports to: Director, Professional Development
FSLA Status: Exempt
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop, oversee and implement educational program and events.
2. Work collaboratively with the Director of Professional Development, committee chairs and members, program faculty and staff to create education content, topics and program options that fit strategic, educational operational and event goals.
3. Manage all meeting logistics including any associated vendors.
4. Maintain department production schedule and develop and implement respective event project plans.
5. Gather, coordinate and develop marketing and promotion of managed education events.
6. Oversee the registration for, monitoring of, and data related to programs and events, and prepare reports as appropriate/requested.
7. Oversee P&L of assigned educational programs and projects, developing and maintaining budgets.
8. Represent PPAI and the department at shows, events, and other related activities.
9. Supervise assigned report(s).
Association Wide Responsibilities & Values:
1. Provide honest and ongoing communication as needed to support success throughout the organization
2. Meet established deadlines for all projects, reports and communications for all audiences both internally and externally.
3. Provide high-quality products, reports, communications and projects for all audiences internally and externally.
4. Be fair, consistent, responsive and supportive of leaders, staff, board members, members and vendors
5. Help PPAI to continually seek improvement. Be prepared to personally manage changes taking place within PPAI and the industry.
6. Be empowered, accountable and responsible for your career success, actions, influence and impact upon the organization as a whole
Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and understanding of the educational community, trends and needs.
High degree of self-direction, able to take initiative and proven ability to meet established deadlines.
Strong track record of success working productively on multiple projects/courses simultaneously.
Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders (internally and externally) to produce projects that meet program goals and provide value-added benefits.
Strong organizational skills, commitment to quality and attention to detail.
Strategic thinker that uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; performs analysis effectively; looks beyond the obvious to seek additional solutions.
Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills (orally and in writing) to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships.
Strong meeting planning skills.
Works independently and in a group format.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Years of experience may be substituted for degree.
Five years of demonstrated experience and competency in developing and implementing educational programming.
Excellent speaking and writing skills. Comfortable in front of large groups.
Experience with professional associations and/or promotional marketing is preferred but not required.
Proficiency in the use of personal computers and application software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or equivalent applications) in a networked environment.
Experience in event planning including site selections, contract management, resume management, logistical execution.
Sitting: extended on occasion
Standing extended on occasion
Lifting 25 pounds
Pushing/Pulling 25 pounds
Bending/Stooping on occasion
Extended work hours, extended weeks (endurance requirement) extended on occasion as necessary to complete project/task timelines, attend meetings, support tradeshows and other events, address member requests or needs.
Trade show floor or event venues
Send resume to: Apply@ppai.org