Professional Development Coordinator
Looking for an individual with a drive to learn, strong organizational skills and willingness to try new things. The Professional Development Coordinator administers, coordinates, and assists with education events and programs and provides overall support to the Professional Development team to provide great member value and help achieve projected program growth.
Title of reporting manager: Manager, Professional Development
Department: Professional Development
FLSA Status (Exempt / Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
Compensation (Hourly / Salary): Hourly
Job Status (Full-Time /Part-Time /Temp): Full-Time
Daily Schedule (Start time Flexible / Not Flexible): Flexible
Work Location: Position must work from HQ location
How many people does this position supervise: 0
Does this position have disciplinary responsibilities: No
Does this position have hiring / termination responsibilities: No
Does this position have evaluation responsibilities: No
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with the effective communications with subject matter experts, professional speakers, members, volunteer groups and internal staff.
- Assist in coordinating, delivering and implementing live event education curriculum, training materials and educational programs.
- Assist with implementation of event project plans.
- Assist with collecting data for event logistics as requested, such as room assignments, equipment, food/beverage, speaker management, web content and social events.
- Manage communications with presenters on presenter agreements and other presenter forms as necessary.
- Create and distribute meeting materials based on approved timelines and budget parameters.
- Provide member support on registration for live events through CVENT registration system.
- Provide general administrative support and report generation for the Professional Development department as needed or directed.
- Strong track record of success working productively on multiple projects/events simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills, commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; probes resources for answers; can see hidden problems; performs analysis effectively; looks beyond the obvious to seek additional solutions.
- Works independently and in a group format.
- Complete billing tasks as needed: invoicing individuals and member companies, processing payments, and coordinating billing issues with internal accounting department.
Association Wide Responsibilities & Values:
- Provide honest and ongoing communication as needed to support success throughout the organization
- Meet established deadlines for all projects, reports and communications for all audiences both internally and externally.
- Provide high-quality products, reports, communications and projects for all audiences internally and externally.
- Be fair, consistent, responsive and supportive of leaders, staff, board members, members and vendors
- Help PPAI to continually seek improvement. Be prepared to personally manage changes taking place within PPAI and the industry.
- Be empowered, accountable and responsible for your career success, actions, influence and impact upon the organization as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree in Education is preferred.
- Experience in administrative support or project coordination role.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, willing to take risks. Thinks creatively and able to challenge status quo.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and application software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or equivalent applications) in a networked environment.
- Sitting: extended on occasion
- Standing extended on occasion
- Lifting 25 pounds
- Pushing/Pulling 25 pounds
- Bending/Stooping on occasion
- Extended work hours, extended weeks (endurance requirement) extended on occasion as necessary to complete project/task timelines, attend meetings, support tradeshows and other events, address member requests or needs.
- Office environment
- Trade show floor or event venues
- Temperature controlled
Reports to: Director, Professional Development
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
PPAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Send resumes to: Apply@ppai.org