HOWARD BARTLETT HEADDEN
1416 N. West Street · Naperville, IL 60563
(630) 819-9104 email@example.com
SENIOR LEVEL SALES/MARKETING MANAGEMENT
High energy experienced and well heeled Sales/Marketing and Business Development executive with a demonstrated track record of delivering solid sales, revenue and profitability gains in a challenging economic climate. Exceptional relationship building, marketing and territory development skills coupled with a tenacious, consultative sales approach to consistently exceed targeted goals. Influential communicator and incomparable closer with the ability to gain the trust, cooperation and commitment of key decision makers. Eager to integrate broad based experience and visionary leadership into a Senior Level Sales/Marketing and/or Business Development Management role with a world-class organization poised for growth.
Business Development · Sales & Marketing · Sourcing · Brand Development · Vendor Relations · Market Trends · Forecasting · Negotiation · Team Leadership · Strategic Analysis · Communications · Mentoring · Analysis & Planning · Budget Development & Adherence · Team Development & Management · Business Analysis · Process Streamlining · Customer Relations · Operations Improvement · Profit Growth · Account Development
Hartwell Industries, Hartwell, GA
Vice President of Sales July 2013-April 2014
Responsible for all sales, marketing and customer service activities for Hartwell Apparel one of 75 companies owned by private equity firm, Patriarch Partners with annual revenues in excess of $8 billion.
- Initial two month consulting project resulted in being offered a full time position with the company.
- Developed strategic sales, marketing and trade show plans for the promotional product channel along with managing 16 independent outside sales representatives and 4 inside sales reps.
- Initiated the realignment of the inside sales, customer service and art teams to better maximize limited resources along with creating a new business model that would better service our customer base.
- Promoted and educated our sales force and distributors on three new company value added initiatives: WBENC/Diversity spending, One Source Pro-online corporate store with in-house fulfillment/decoration services and EZ Tee- online portal for T-shirt/Fleece opportunities.
- Negotiated with National Accounts- 4imprint, Staples, BDA, Universal-Unilink, Safeguard, Deluxe, Jack Nadel International, iPROMOTEu, Geiger, Proforma, Halo Branded Solutions, AIA, Vernon Company, Cintas, Unifirst and EmbroidMe to include Hartwell Apparel in their Preferred Supplier programs.
- 2014 sales through March were +29.7% over 2013 YTD
InnerWorkings, Chicago, IL 2012-June 2013
Director of Sourcing- Promotional Products
Led a $120mm Promotional Product/Premium-Incentive division of an $800mm international company that sells print, branded merchandise and POP/POS solutions to multinational corporations. Primary management contact in this channel with responsibility for ideation, product sourcing, RFP’s, ongoing industry education and collaboration with the EMEA and LATAM business units.
- Developed the first preferred Promotional Product/Incentive supplier program in 2012 by consolidating the spend from 4000+ vendors to 150 InnerCircle companies. Negotiated industry best pricing, discounted or waived ancillary charges, exclusive service offerings along with enhanced customer service and sales support. These initiatives generated significant bottom line revenue for the division versus the prior year.
- In 2012 negotiated rebate programs and early pay discounts from 175 leading industry suppliers that resulted in $750,000 of net profit and was a 250% increase over the 2011 payments.
- Initiated and implemented a product safety and social compliance program with over 125 overseas factories and direct import brokers. Vetted each supplier for production capabilities, product safety and social compliance. Interviewed 5 leading global testing agencies and selected UL-STR as the exclusive vendor for product testing and factory audits.
- Managed and consulted on the overseas project requests from 250+ InnerWorkings sales reps to determine what appropriate testing or factory audits were required along with final vendor selection for the project.
- Created, wrote and managed the content for a monthly promotional newsletter and Intranet site increase Promotional Product/Premium-Incentive sales opportunities. The communication vehicles were targeted to over 400 sales reps and production managers across the US and Canada. Worked with the top industry suppliers to develop exclusive specials, case studies and educational webinars.
Ash City USA, Lenexa, KS 2008 - 2011
Vice President – Key Accounts (2011 – 2011)
Vice President – Sales (2008 – 2011)
Developed and managed all sales and marketing activities for 32 National Accounts in promotional products that included Staples, BDA, Proforma, 4imprint, Halo Branded Solutions, Cintas, Geiger, AIA Corporation, InnerWorkings, and Sports Inc. Strategically developed innovative and compelling business plan for each Key account to realize sales growth for program and special order opportunities. Continue overall communications with 30 outside Ash City sales representatives to maximize sales opportunities utilizing a strong and aggressive sales force. Oversee all facets of direct client relationship with Key accounts, participating in collaborative National and Regional Sales meetings, rebate programs and marketing campaign initiatives. Provided all sales forecasts, budgets, account analysis, marketing support, trade shows, training and product development strategies
- Consumers accounted for 25% of Ash City’s total US sales in 2010 and currently post 10% growth rate YTD in 2011.
- Spearheaded and co-authored overall corporate strategy for the U.S. promotional market for the #7th largest supplier in the industry.
- Strategically identified, hired and managed 30-person outside sales force of employee-based and multi-line representatives on national level.
- Meteoric growth of Ash City USA sales at higher rate than industry average during tenure as VP of Sales.
CorpLogoWare LLC, Alpharetta, GA 2007 – 2008
Senior Vice President of Sports Marketing
Recruited to develop a new position at CLW to maximize corporate sponsor activation utilizing co-branded merchandise for the following licensed properties: USOC (United States Olympic Committee), NASCAR and NCAA. Facilitated innovative and savvy business planning and sales management for 16 CLW Account Executives who collaborated with corporate sponsors from licensed properties. Oversight for establishing strategy, sales forecasts and product ideation for each licensed property and corporate sponsor.
- Forecasted and achieved sponsorship sales of more than $10mm YTD 2008.
- Responsible for creating a sales strategy, forecast and product ideation for each licensed property and corporate sponsor
- Developed new business opportunities for CLW with the following USOC sponsors: Coca Cola, 24 Hour Fitness, Hershey’s, Bank of America, Samsung, United Airlines, Panasonic, Adecco and Schenker USA.
The Gem Group Inc./Gemline, Lawrence, MA 2001 - 2007
Director of Sales-National Accounts/Special Markets
Complete oversight and development of new channels of distribution for Gemline in the Canadian, Decorator, Uniform and Military markets, with the new Canadian market on track to post sales of $4MM in 2007. Identified, hired, managed and coordinated sales, marketing and trade show workforce requirements along with independent sales force of 8 agencies in Canada and 16 reps in the Decorator and Military markets within the U.S. National Account role entailed developing and documenting annual business plans, forecasts, budgets and sales management for major account customers: American Identity, CEPM, AIA, Proforma, 4imprint and Marco.
- Successful addition of Decorator channel for Gemline in 2003 with estimated multimillion-dollar increases of brand sales for 2007.
- National account sales explosive growth outpaced annual Gemline percentage increase for the past 6 years and contributed to estimate $8mm for 2007.
(Details available upon request)
Vice President- Corporate Sales - Prime Golf USA LLC, Glendale, CA
Regional Sales Manager- Corporate Identity - GEAR For Sports, Inc., Lenexa, KS
National Sales Manager- Corporate Sales - Starter Corporation, New Haven, CT
National Sales Manager-Incentive Division - GPA Associates, Inc./PaperMate, Stoughton, MA
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Science dual degrees in Accounting and Marketing
Boston College School of Management
Sales/Account Management and Customer Service Courses - Dale Carnegie
Business speaker requested at National Account trade shows that includes Halo, Vernon, Universal-Unilink, Safeguard, TPG and Facilis Group