VP of Sales
Summary: Plan and implement sales strategy, both short and long term to ensure we meet revenue objectives in terms of total sales, product mix, and profit margin.
- Develop and implement sales strategies based on company goals, market research, and competitor analysis
- Lead a sales team of 5-7 people
- Participate as a key member of the executive team in strategic and tactical planning
- Work with all functional areas to execute customer service and support
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Develop and execute short and long term marketing plans that are aligned with overall business objectives with the assistance from operations and Research & Development
- Oversee development of trade show strategies and schedules
- Meet with key customers, assisting sales staff, maintaining relationships, and negotiating sales
- Review and analyze sales performances against budget to determine effectiveness
- Gather, analyze, and present marketing and competitive intelligence
- Monitor competitor products, sales, and marketing activities
- Build, develop and manage sales team to ensure goals are met and initiatives are successfully implemented
- Foster teamwork within the sales team
- Manage sales team with a performance based approach
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience managing sales processes including but not limited to pipeline generation, lead qualification and closing sales
- Highly motivated and ambitious
- Able to work in fast-paced, self directed environment
- Articulate with excellent telephone manner
- Ability to manage own workload independently, multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Able to negotiate and close sales in a professional manner
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Well versed in CRM software (such as Sugar CRM)
- Metrics oriented
- Required Level of Education: Associates Degree (business, marketing and sales, or related field of study preferred)
- Related Work Experience: At least three years of related work experience. Promotional Products industry experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
Expected 2014 salary: $80,000 ($30,000 base salary + commission).
Benefits package is currently not offered. Partnership opportunities available.
Contact: Erin Reilly