The PPAI Intern Program is designed to help member companies launch and manage effective intern programs introducing today's college students to the promotional products industry. The goal of the program is to make sure that our industry continues to receive the exposure it deserves, especially among Millineials.
You can see a complete list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
Every intern who completes the PPAI Intern Program will be included in the sweepstakes for one (1) $1,000 scholarship. One random winner will be chosen from candidates who successfully complete all the requirements of the PPAI Intern Program. Winner will be announced by August 31, 2017.
PPAI Intern Program 2017 $1,000 Scholarship
1.ELIGIBILITY. The entrant must be a current college student of an accredited U.S. based university who will be enrolled in regular course work in the 2017-2018 school year. The entrant must also comply with all contest rules and be working as an intern for a Promotional Products Association International member company in good standing between the dates of April 1, 2017 and September 1, 2017.
2. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A purchase of a product or service from Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) will not improve the chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Participation requires internet access. By submitting an entry, entrant accepts and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. In order to enter for a chance to win, a sweepstakes participant must have submitted an official PPAI Intern Program application before July 31, 2017.
3. CAN I PARTICIPATE? The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia whose company is a member of Promotional Products Association International in good standing; participant must be least 18 years of age. Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to enter. Employees of PPAI advertising and promotion agencies, website providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and the immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to win. In the event a potential winner is ineligible to participate based upon the information contained in a background check as provided in these rules, an alternate winner will be selected by a random drawing.
4. HOW DO I ENTER? Enter the Sweepstakes by submitting the completed scholarship entry form on by 5pm Central Time on Monday, July 31, 2017 to email@example.com. To be able to submit the entry form, you will need a computer or mobile device that can access the Internet. You may only enter once. Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a printout of the PPAI Intern Program form imprinted with your name, complete mailing address, valid email address, telephone number, date of birth in a separate envelope addressed to PPAI Intern Program, 3125 Skyway Circle North, Irving TX, 75038. Mailed entries must be postmarked on or before July 24, 2017.
a. You must provide correct information in all required fields on the electronic entry form. Entries that are incomplete or non-compliant with these Official Rules will be void.
b. Automated or robotic entries will be blocked and disregarded.
c. Proof of entering the sweepstakes will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by
PPAI; responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the entrant.
d. PPAI is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are electronically garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost in cyberspace due to any reason, all of which will be voided.
ALL ENTRIES: PPAI is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, illegible, damaged, and incomplete or postage due. All entries become the property of PPAI and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Limit one entry per person; all additional entries will be disregarded and not permitted.
5. WHAT CAN I WIN? One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) $1,000 cash prize in the form of a $1,000 check payable to the winner. Total value of all prizes awarded is $1,000. No interest will be paid for the time between the date of the drawing and the receipt of the prize. Winner and/or winner’s legal guardian are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by the acceptance of the prize. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or otherwise redeemed. Sponsor is not responsible for any costs associated with accepting or otherwise using the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to PPAI and its agents to use winner's name and/or likeness for any legitimate purpose, including for advertising and trade without further notice to the winner or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. HOW DO I WIN? Potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted on August 21, 2017 from among all entries received. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of entries received. Drawing will be conducted by PPAI. Three attempts to contact the potential Prize winners will be made through email message for those who entered the sweepstakes through the form on the website provided for this purpose. Actual means of notification to be determined by PPAI at its sole discretion. If the initially selected prize winner is unable to be reached within five (5) days of the third contact attempt, or refuses to accept the prize, the initial potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected, and the notification process will then apply to the second selected winner. If receipt of the prize is restricted by law or employment policy that is applicable to the initially potential winner, the selected winner will be disqualified and another winner will be selected. PPAI shall have no liability or responsibility to award any prize where:
(a) any required Prize Documents are not fully executed and received by PPAI at the designated address by the due date specified in Prize Documents; or
(b) if any mail addressed to the potential winner is returned to PPAI as undeliverable without a forwarding address or if the potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason; or (c) potential winner is deemed ineligible or otherwise non-compliant with any aspect of these Official Rules. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of the potential prize winner and the selection of an alternate winner. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND REPRESENTS TO PPAI THAT THE ENTRANT IS NOT PROHIBITED FROM WINNING THE PRIZE BY ANY FEDERAL OR STATE LAW OR REGULATION. Each selected prize winner may be subject to a reasonable background check, in PPAI’s discretion, to verify eligibility and for purposes of promotion-related advertising. During a background check, a potential winner may be asked to submit information about their school eligibility and/or their intern employment. The selected winner may be ineligible to participate in promotion advertising based upon the information contained in the background check.
7. CONDUCT. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of PPAI and its agents, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. PPAI reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify and prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize who PPAI suspects, in PPAI’s sole discretion, of attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automatic quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any of PPAIs' representatives or otherwise failing to comply with these Rules. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH PPAI OR ITS AGENTS OR UNDERMINING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND PPAI AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No liability is assumed for illegible or incomplete entry information or for telephone-related technical difficulties or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If, in PPAI’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, or an unauthorized intervention or any other cause adversely affects the proper administration, play or conduct of the Sweepstakes, PPAI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes in part or its entirety; (b) void any suspected entries, and/or (c) conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all the entries received prior to suspension or cancellation. PPAI is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or any materials associated with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prize.
9. RELEASE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, AGREES ON BEHALF OF HIM/HERSELF, HIS/HER HEIRS, EXECUTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, ASSIGNS, ADMINISTRATORS AND NEXT OF KIN TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE PPAI AND AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS AND BUSINESSES AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, ADVISORS, ASSIGNEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY CLAIMS OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES, DAMAGE OR LOSSES TO PERSONS AND PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR THE RECEIPT, ENJOYMENT, OWNERSHIP OR USE OF THE PRIZE. PPAI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR INJURY OR LOSS TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THE DELIVERY AND/OR SUBSEQUENT USE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED. IN ADDITION, IF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS PROMOTED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, FACEBOOK, ENTRANT COMPLETELY RELEASES FACEBOOK FROM ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION.
10. DISPUTES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Texas, County of Dallas; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., reasonable costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and PPAI in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. If any provision of these rules shall be held invalid or unenforceable, the balance of the rules shall remain in full force and effect.
11. PRIVACY. Information entrants provide to PPAI will be used to communicate with entrants regarding this Sweepstakes and otherwise as set forth in these Official Rules, as well as to contact entrants at a later date with respect to products or services which PPAI believes may be of interest. By submitting an entry on-line, all entrants acknowledge and agree that the personal information that they have provided will be maintained on PPAI’s server(s) and/or the server(s) of those responsible for maintaining the receiving website and/or administering the draw, all in accordance with the PPAI’s Privacy Statement available at .
12. PUBLICITY CONSENT. By submitting an entry or accepting a prize, where permitted by law, each winner grants to PPAI (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) and those acting pursuant to the authority of PPAI, the unconditional, royalty-free, and irrevocable right and license, without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time, the following: (a) the entrant’s name, city and state, age, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and statement for advertising, publicity, trade and public relations purposes, to the extent permitted by law; and (b) any film, tape recording or other reproduction of the entrant’s appearance or voice upon the awarding of the prize, if applicable.
13. WINNER’S IDENTITY & OFFICIAL RULES. The name of the prize winner and these Official Rules are available by mail. To receive a Winner’s List or the Official Rules, send a written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope before September 15, 2017, to: “PPAI Intern Program, 3125 Skyway Circle North, Irving TX, 75038.” All requests must be received by September 29, 2017.
14. ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any organization other than PPAI. Specifically, but not by limitation, this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the social media site, Facebook.