The PPAI Professional Development Certification Program Master Advertising Specialist (MAS) Certification is a PPAI industry credential awarded to promotional products professionals with at least five years of promotional products industry experience, and who have met rigorous educational course and testing requirements—demonstrating exemplary commitment to their profession. Professionals who have earned their MAS provide the highest standard of conduct and integrity.
PPAI has certified MAS candidates since 1979, in all 50 US States and in over 15 countries around the world. Click HERE to read how the MAS has shaped countless professionals over the years.
The PPAI Professional Development Certification Master Advertising Specialist (MAS) Program is an earned certification which requires the following:
- Possess a current UPIC (www.upic.org) login (registered email address and password
- Presently serving in a position with a promotional products company
- Five years of promotional products industry experience (does not have to be consecutive years)
- Posses a current CAS Certification
- 100 MAS-level education credits (there are currently no required MAS courses)
- Minimum of 1.0 Industry Service Credit* (a maximum of 15 Industry Service credits are allowed)
- Passing score on the MAS Exam: 65%
- Recertification every three years (by earning 25 additional MAS credits within the three years and submitting a Recertification Application)
*Industry Service Credits are defined as volunteer service you provide on behalf of the promotional products industry. This can mean serving on a Regional Association Committee, PPAI Committee or Board, presenting a program at your local Chamber of Commerce, or other volunteer activity that helps to promote the promotional products industry. See the Industry Request Form online for other opportunities and to request this credit be applied to your transcript.
MAS Application Process
- Register as an MAS candidate (There is no fee to register for the MAS Program)
- Earn 100 MAS-level education points
- Earn a minimum of 1.0 Industry Service Credit
- Verify your points by accessing your Certification Transcript
- Submit a MAS Exam Application
When you earn your PPAI industry certification, your achievement is celebrated in the PPAI Newslink and PPB publications, as well as formally recognized with an array of custom promotional items. These are delivered to you courtesy of PPAI and generously donated by our PPAI Certification Sponsor companies.
In order to maintain your hard-earned certification, you must recertify every three years. Recertification keeps you current on the industry's trends and best practices and provides the highest value and quality to your customers and yourself. MAS designees must continue to keep their MAS Certification current by completing 25 additional education points every three years*, and submitting a Recertification Application.
*Life Certification Exemption can be possible by meeting certain specified criteria.
MAS Program Fees
||PPAI Member Fee
|MAS In-Person Exam Fee
|MAS Online Exam Fee