The PPAI Professional Development Certification Program Certified Advertising Specialist (CAS) Certification is a PPAI industry credential awarded to promotional products professionals with at least three years of promotional products industry experience, and who have met rigorous educational course and testing requirements—demonstrating exemplary commitment to their profession. Professionals who have earned their CAS provide the highest standard of conduct and integrity.
PPAI has certified CAS candidates since 1961. Click HERE to read how the CAS has shaped countless professionals for over 50 years.
- As of 12/31/2012 there are 1250 CAS certified professionals
- PPAI certifies professionals in all 50 US States and in over 15 countries around the world
- 77% of CAS certified professionals are Distributors; 17% are Suppliers
The PPAI Professional Development Certification Certified Advertising Specialist (CAS) Program is an earned certification which requires the following:
--15 education credits from six CAS-required courses
- PRO 1 & 2 (Promotional Programs Parts One and Two: 1.5 points each)
- ADV 1&2 (Advertising and Marketing Overview Parts One and Two: 1.5 points each)
- PPI 1&2 (Promotional Products Industry Overview Parts One and Two: 1.5 points each)
- BEP 1&2 (Best Practices in Supplier/Distributor Relations Parts One and Two: 1.5 points each)
- PSB (Product Safety Basics: 1.5 points)
- ETH (Business Ethics: 1.5 points)
--60 elective education credits from either CAS or MAS-level courses
--Three years of promotional products industry experience (does not have to be consecutive years)
--Presently serving in a position with a promotional products company
--Possess a current UPIC (www.upic.org) login (registered email address and password)
--Passing score on the CAS Exam
--Recertification every three years (by earning 25 additional CAS or MAS credits within the three years and submitting a Recertification Application)
If you have seven or more years of experience in the promotional products industry you may qualify for our Fast Track program. This program can waive up to 75 CAS points based on you experience, education, and position within the company.
CAS Application Process
1. Register as a CAS candidate (if you don’t currently possess a CEU PIN Number; There is no fee to register for the CAS program)
2. Earn 75 education points (15 points from CAS Required Courses & 60 points of electives)
3. Verify your points by accessing your Certification Transcript
4. Submit a CAS exam application
When you earn your PPAI industry certification, your designation is celebrated in the PPAI Newslink and PPB publications, as well as formally recognized with an array of custom promotional items. These are delivered to you in a PPAI certification container you would be proud to display in your office.
Click on the PDF to view photos of the recognition items and the supplier sponsors who have generously donated these materials.
In order to maintain your hard-earned certification, you must renew your designation. Recertification keeps you current on the industry's trends and best practices and provides the highest value and quality to your customers and yourself. CAS designees must continue to keep their CAS certification current by completing 25 additional education points every three years and submitting a recertification application. Individuals 60+ years of age are eligible for exemption.
CAS Program Fees
|| PPAI Member Fee
|| Nonmember Fee
| CAS In-Person Exam Fee
| CAS Online Exam Fee
| Recertification Fee