The PPAI Master Advertising Specialist Plus (MAS+) certification is a PPAI program aimed at providing veteran promotional products professionals, with at least seven years of industry experience, an avenue for earning an industry designation that demonstrates their advanced proficiency of promotional products industry concepts and business practices.
The MAS+ certification is awarded to eligible promotional products professionals who have met all program requirements and have demonstrated their expert industry knowledge through a hands-on professional work project. Professionals who have earned their MAS+ provide the highest standard of conduct and integrity, and commitment to the evolution of the promotional products industry.
For comprehensive MAS+ program information, please reference the MAS+ Certification Program document.
The PPAI Master Advertising Specialist Plus (MAS+) certification applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible* for the Master Advertising Specialist Plus (MAS+) certification:
- Possess a current UPIC (www.upic.org) login (registered email address and password)
- Presently serving in a position with a promotional products company and with a minimum of seven years of verifiable promotional products industry experience
- Provide verification of employment and experience in a promotional products industry position by submitting a copy of a current résumé or CV
- Seven years of experience in the promotional products industry can be nonconsecutive
- Employment in a promotional products company is defined as employed or operating as a component of the supplier/distributor promotional products supply chain
- Hold a valid, in-good-standing Master Advertising Specialist (MAS) certification
- Valid, in-good-standing certification means that the candidate’s MAS certification status is current with no recertification issues
- Have earned a minimum of 225 total education credit points
- All education credit points must be credited to an applicant’s PPAI transcript at the time of Master Advertising Specialist Plus (MAS+) certification application submission
- 50 points must have been earned within the last five years
- Up to 15 Industry Service points can count toward the 225 earned education points
The below information outlines the PPAI Master Advertising Specialist Plus (MAS+) certification application procedures:
- The MAS+ application is the first step toward achieving the Master Advertising Specialist Plus (MAS+) certification
- Prior to the candidate submitting their MAS+ project in full, the MAS+ application is the process used to determine if the candidate’s project is eligible for full submission
- MAS+ application approval verifies the candidates project idea; however, full project submission and subsequent review is required and will determine if the candidates’ project fulfills all Master Advertising Specialist Plus (MAS+) certification requirements
The below information outlines the PPAI Master Advertising Specialist Plus (MAS+) certification application processes:
1. MAS+ candidate submits an initial online application
a. Verifying the successful completion of all MAS+ program requirement
b. Providing a 500-word maximum summary of the MAS+ project idea to be proposed
2. The MAS+ application is evaluated within 5-7 business days, and is determined to be either “Ready for Submission” or “Not Ready for Submission”
a.“Ready for Submission” means the applicant has met the MAS+ requirements and the project idea has been approved for full submission
b. “Not Ready for Submission” means the applicant did not meet one or more of the MAS+ requirements, and/or the project idea is not approved for full submission
3. If the application is “Ready for Submission,” then the candidate will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to pay the MAS+ evaluation fee, and a link to formally submit their MAS+ project
a. Upon receipt of the MAS+ evaluation fee, the candidate submits the completed MAS+ project and will receive an email confirmation within 15-20 business days if the project is “Approved” or “Not Approved”
i. “Approved” projects have met all the requirements and the candidate has earned an MAS+ certification
ii. “Not Approved” projects have been reviewed and have not met all requirements
1. If applicable, specific items to be corrected in order to re-submit the project for reevaluation will be outlined to the candidate
4. If the application is “Not Ready for Submission”, then the candidate will receive an email confirmation with appropriate feedback and instructions on how to resubmit their application
--PPAI reserves the right to make a determination of the validity or appropriateness of all applicant submitted material, and will verify successful completion of all required criteria.
PPAI Member Fee
PPAI Non-Member Fee
|MAS+ Evaluation Fee
For comprehensive MAS+ Program information, please reference the MAS+ Certification Program document.